£9.02 - £9.47 per hour
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Hygiene Operative to join our clients offices based in Barnstaple on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Hygiene Operative, your main duties will include:
- Drive a Council owned / leased vehicle from site to site, manually emptying dog bins throughout the District and transferring the waste to a pre-identified waste transfer station.
- Ensuring each bin is suitably cleansed, disinfected and left ready for use.
- Advising the owner of the bin of any issues / defects requiring attention.
- Ensuring that tasks are safely and efficiently completed.
- Washing down the outside of the vehicle at the appropriate time.
- Ensuring cleanliness of the inside of the vehicle.
- Comply with appropriate statutory requirements, Council policies and procedures including Health and Safety, security, reporting concerns to the appropriate person.
- Actively support the Councils Equal Opportunities Policy.
To be successful for this Hygiene Operative post you will need to have:
- Hold clean driving licence.
- Working geographical knowledge of the district.
- Ability to read a map, follow schedules and work to agreed parameters.
- Experience of relating to people and providing excellent customer service
19 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.