£17.06 - £17.91 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Human Resources Officer on an initial 6 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Provision of professional and tailored human resource advice and guidance to managers, officers and employees that is customer focused, enhances performance and is responsive to business and organisational needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide professional and tailored HR advice and support to managers on employment law and general HR issues, including discipline, attendance management, performance management and appeals, ensuring all managers are aware of and comply with current employment legislation and police regulations.
- Provision of advice and guidance to managers, staff associations and other members of the Constabulary on the interpretation and implementation of Constabulary HR strategy, policies and statutory requirements ensuring compliance and consistency in the application and interpretation.
- Assist the HR Business Partner in ensuring a link is maintained between the retained Strategic HR function and the business to ensure consistency of approach across the Constabulary. Highlight relevant issues to the HR Business Partner assisting in ensuring strategic HR directives are embedded within the business of the Constabulary.
- Undertake and assist with strategic HR projects, policy development and case work arising from national, operational or support service development initiatives and represent the HR function on project boards and working groups as required.
- Monitor, at an operational level, the workforce plan, ensuring workforce Establishment is maintained and targets are met. Assist with workforce planning by examining organisational data to ascertain the Constabulary's ongoing needs.
- Provide advice to managers in relation to job design, job analysis, production of job profiles and person specifications to ensure efficient and effective selection and deployment. Support the Head of HR in their responsibility for the job evaluation scheme by participating, as required, in the evaluation process to ensure equality and consistency of application.
- Provide advice and support to managers and staff on all aspects of recruitment advertising, selection methodology, promotion, development, appraisal, secondment opportunities and other areas relevant to the post.
- Organise, coordinate and participate in Police Staff and Police Officer recruitment and promotion processes including the running of SEARCH national recruitment, transferee and Police Community Support Officer (PCSO), assessment centres.
- Support the delivery of organisational change, including advising on HR implications and undertaking the practical HR support in respect of the associated HR processes.
- Undertake comprehensive disciplinary investigations as directed, submitting appropriate reports and evidence for relevant consideration and subsequent presentation at formal hearing and any subsequent appeal as necessary ensuring compliance with Constabulary policies, procedures and employment legislation.
- Undertake performance management casework as directed, submitting appropriate reports and evidence for relevant consideration and subsequent presentation at formal hearing and any subsequent appeal as necessary ensuring compliance with Constabulary policies, procedures and employment legislation.
- Advise, coach and support managers on the wide range of HR activities. Enhance leadership capability through development of people management skills. Assisting the HR Business Partner in complex HR casework to secure the best outcome for the Constabulary.
- Build and maintain professional links with HR colleagues and other managers within the organisation, providing advice, guidance and support.
- Participate in consultation and negotiation with trade unions, Police Federation and staff associations on collective and individual issues to ensure speedy resolution.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in a generalist or Employee Relations role, in a multi union environment.
- Experience of providing advice and undertaking casework on a range of HR matters including disciplinary, performance / capability, attendance management, workforce planning.
- Knowledge of best practice within the HR Field.
- Up to date knowledge of employment law.
- Demonstrable experience of managing the practical HR implications of change.
- Awareness of performance management and efficiency developments in the Police Service.
- Demonstrable effective interpersonal, negotiation, persuasion & presentation skills.
- Experience of project and team working, including data analysis and report writing.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases