£12.14 - £12.75 per hour
26 days ago
Our client is seeking a Human Resources Assistant on an initial 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide administrative support to HR teams; maintaining systems and processes. Respond to queries from a range of people who use HR services; managers, staff, Trade Unions, members of the public and the Council's contractors. Duties may be undertaken either in operational HR teams, resourcing, change, strategy and policy, development or as part of the HR Help desk/HR Resource Centre. All post holders have the potential to move between service areas to deal with changes in the Service's workload.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to enquiries from managers, staff and their representatives, or recruitment candidates. Queries would include conditions of service, Council HR policies, employment matters and require interpretation of policy/regulations, taking account of individual circumstances.
- Implement a range of HR processes. These will vary between sections but may include; administration of recruitment and selection processes, implementation of benefits, organisation of hearings and other HR related meetings, e.g. Trade Union consultation forums.
- Administer a number of different systems that are IT based. Provide a customer focused service to managers and staff where systems have been opened up to the organisation, e.g. setting passwords, guidance on system usage etc.
- Compile statistical information and participate in preparing new statistical reports.
- Taking minutes at HR related meetings which may deal with complex and sensitive data e.g. disciplinary and grievance hearings.
- Archiving of documentation, using appropriate IT systems and file management protocols.
- Providing an administrative service to support senior staff in the Section; limited financial duties, organising meetings, placing orders, etc.
- Undertake simple research and participate in the implementation of HR projects, as directed by senior staff.
- Maintain efficient working relationships with team colleagues, other HR services, Managers, the Trade Unions and people external to the Council.
- Actively promote equities issues through the application of the Council's employment practices and procedures and in accordance with relevant legislation.
Skills and Experience:
Understand up to date knowledge of HR best practice, trends, employment legislation and safeguarding policy.
* Customer focused and driven by the achievement of high standards and achievements through service/business delivery.
* Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure whilst ensuring attention to detail.
* Ability to compile statistical information and participate in preparing new statistical reports.
* Ability to take minutes at HR related meetings which may deal with complex and sensitive data eg disciplinary and grievance hearings.
* Ability to implement a range of HR processes including recruitment and selection; benefits; organisation of hearings and other HR related meetings.
* Respond to enquiries from managers, staff and their representatives or recruitment candidates on a range of HR topics.
* Provide administrative support to senior managers.
* Undertake simple research and participate in the implementation of HR projects, as directed by senior staff.
* Maintain efficient working relationships with team colleagues, managers, staff, trade unions and customers.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases