City of London, London
£44373 - £51162 per annum
8 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an HR System & Data Manager to join our client's offices based in Southwark on a 12-month fixed-term contract. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 36 hours per week at £44,373 - £51,162 per annum.
As the HR System & Data Manager, your main duties will include:
- Develop and deliver strategies and related policies and procedures to achieve effective use of digital platforms and systems that enable the HR Service to achieve clear business-focused outcomes aligned with delivery of the Councils overall workforce plan, the Councils 'digital by default' strategy and modern ways of working.
- Provide high-quality professional guidance both to the HR team and senior managers on the most effective and efficient use of digital solutions to support organisational change and management of the Councils staffing resource.
- Responsible for the interpretation and analysis of data held on HR IT systems to help inform both future Council staffing strategy, related policies and procedures, and ongoing HR/management activity to make the most effective use of Council staffing resources.
- Monitor and audit the quality of HR data records and systems, creating action plans and directing HR staff to ensure all HR records held are accurate, up to date and meet organisational objectives for workforce and HR recordkeeping, appropriate audit standards and all related legislative requirements.
- On behalf of the HR function, determine the quality standards in terms data records held on HR IT systems, undertake monitoring exercises to ensure any non-compliance with regards to the proper maintenance of such records by services or division within the Council is addressed promptly.
- Supply specialist technical advice and guidance to the Head of HR and senior managers on industry-wide developments in HR systems, development of the 'E-HR' environment, changes in legislation affecting the use and exploitation of data held across digital channels.
- For the Council provide expertise on the specification of HR systems and platforms for existing or new systems for future use within the Council, including those systems accessed externally (e.g. recruitment/resourcing) and those used directly by staff and managers on a 'self-service' basis.
To be successful for this HR System & Data Manager post you will need to have:
- Graduate membership of the CIPD or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
- Working as a senior HR professional in a large complex organisation
- Developing and deliver HR IT systems, programmes and projects to support the overall contribution of HR service to the Council
- Providing professional and technical advice on the use, interpretation and analysis of data from HR IT systems and other data sources. Informing and shaping strategic and operational HR advice and associated policies and procedures.
- Developing and delivering strategies and related policies and procedures to achieve effective use of digital platforms and systems that enable the HR service to achieve clear business-focused outcomes aligned to the Council's digital by default strategy
- Proving high-quality professional guidance both to the HR team and senior managers on the most effective and efficient use of digital solutions
- Interpreting and analysing data held on HR IT systems to help inform both future council staffing strategy, related policies and procedures and ongoing HR/management activity
- Performance management, talent and succession planning and development and training plans for teams and individuals
- Build and maintain effective working relationships both internally within HR and the wider council and externally with other employers, government departments and professional associations
- Ability to maintain an up to date knowledge of HR best practice, trends and employment legislation
- Ability to procure, develop and monitor HR contracts
- Provide inspirational and professional leadership to staff, strengthening skills and competence and fostering a strong culture of standards, performance and accountability
- Work with colleagues developing the provision of HR services to the Council
- Lead and support on a range of HR projects, meeting defined objectives in line with Council workforce strategy and plan
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure whilst ensuring attention to detail
- Effective written and oral communication skills including report writing and presentation skills with proven ability to work with, gain the confidence of and influence people at all levels
PLEASE PROVIDE A SUPPORTING STATEMENT ALONG WITH CV.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.