£10.00 - £13.00 per hour
14 days ago
The candidates placed forward for this post must have good IT and Data entry skills.
They must also have experience using iTrent or a similar HR data entry system.
The successful candidate will be support the current HR support team as well as;
1) Updating documents to ensure they meet the latest web accessibility criteria points.
2) Updating and inputting data into our new HR system; iTrent.
To provide a professional HR administration support service to managers and staff throughout the Council, including providing basic advice and signposting in relation to the organisation's policies and procedures.
Implement and maintain the recruitment and employment life cycles by providing a comprehensive recruitment service to all managers.
Supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems and working collaboratively with the Payroll and Finance departments to ensure all staff get paid correctly and in a timely fashion adhering to tight deadlines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate, manage and ensure the recruitment lifecycle process by advising managers the best recruitment practice to ensure compliance in line with employment law and legislative changes and avoidance of discrimination on adverts and Job description/Person Specification. Provide support to managers for the preparation of JD's, posting ads and managing the hiring process including process application forms, shortlist forms and arranging interviews for successful candidates.
- Responsible for the accurate preparation and issuing of all employment documents such as offer letters, statements of particulars and job descriptions, contract variation letters, maternity letters, probationary letters and completing employment reference letters/emails.
- To assist with ensuring 100% data integrity for the iTrent system at all times and duplicating this with other HR/Payroll systems currently being phased out. To assist with the smooth running of the recruitment process chains in the iTrent system for starters, leavers, transfers, Employee and Manager Self-Service so that we are able to terminate the use of the current jobs sites and make maximum use of the functionality within iTrent to advertise posts and reduce advertising spend whilst maximising candidate pool. Setting up of new complex work cycles as well as manual adjustments to work cycles on a daily basis for existing employees. Maintaining and updating HR systems. Assisting with the review of current workflows and enhancements to administrative processes and documentation. Ensure all time critical data is checked and entered into iTrent system including changes in personal details, salary increments, ID documents all in 'real time' for payroll purposes. Assisting in the development of the iTrent recruitment, training and development and time and attendance modules as we develop the system spec.
- To be responsible for setting up JE Panels, liaising with managers and to distribute the relevant documentation in a timely fashion to all panel members. Represent as Panel Secretary as part of the JE Panel and to facilitate accurately the scoring and benchmarking of the results to ensure consistent results have been met and providing to the HR Manager to confirm and authorise the final outcomes. Complete all relevant paperwork re the outcomes to relevant managers and post-holders in a timely manner and to input any changes on the HR systems and advise payroll to ensure correct payment of salary. Administration of appeals panels and keeping appropriate records on JE tracker for reporting to SLT.
- To carry out an effective HR induction process to new employees on their first day. This covers completion of all employee paperwork, an overview of HR systems and policies and tour of the building to help them settle into their role.
- Issuing orders for the department and dealing with the certification and authorisation of invoices and expenses. Liaising with companies regarding queries on invoices. The appropriate use and administration of the Departmental Corporate Purchase card.
- Responsible for all pre-employment documentation checks, essentially keeping abreast of changes in legislation especially relating to right to work and immigration and facilitating the Disclosure and Barring checks for employees.
- Responsible for varied, authorised and restricted access to Forde House and Old Forde House for staff and stakeholders in producing Identification Cards.
- Responsible for the organisation process for work experience placements at TDC. Liaising with managers, schools, students, work experience co-ordinators, completing the necessary paperwork and ensuring risk assessments are completed and recorded. Issue certificates at the end of the placement.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.