£12.60 - £13.23 per hour
2 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Hr Support Officer to join our clients offices based in Oxford on a temporary contract basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Hr Support Officer, your main duties will include:
- Provide advice and guidance to managers on policy, process and IBC related matters in regard to change projects, ensuring advice given is in accordance with council's HR policies and procedures and participate in manager briefings as required
- Liaise with the IBC Master Data Team to agree change programme timelines and draw up a programme checklist and action time line.
- Providing administrative support to HR Business Partners and HR Advisers throughout the staff consultation process, collating feedback, documenting change programme decisions, coordinating interview and selection process arrangements and preparing correspondence, including contracts of employment and variation letters as required.
- Working with HR and Finance Business Partners to compile and format the required organisational and staffing data (using excel) and build the new organisation structures in SAP, (the Council's HR and payroll system).
- Recording and monitoring pre employment vetting and checking requirements and liaising with managers regarding any missing records.
- Calculating redundancy entitlements to include annual leave, notice periods and redundancy compensation. Preparing and distributing correspondence.
To be successful for this Hr Support Officer post you will need to have:
- GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English or evidence of competence in producing written and numerical work
- Experienced in the use of MS Office, including Outlook and MS Word, with specific emphasis on Excel, to include the use of formulas such as index and match to manipulate data
- Excellent keyboard skills enabling the production of accurate, well presented correspondence, reports and minutes/notes of meetings
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy
- Experience of dealing with difficult and/or sensitive situations, both over the phone and face to face
- Working in a busy environment, dealing with competing tasks and priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Keeping and managing records and filing systems in line with General Data Protection Regulations
- Experience of arranging meetings and taking accurate minutes
- Understanding the HR function, its role and objectives
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.