£16.25 - £20.23 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
19 days ago
A 3 Month+ opportunity for a HR Senior Adviser has arisen within the local authorities in Ellesmere Port.
HR generalist with proven casework experience, eg. discipline, grievance, dignity at work and capability. Previous local authority experience supporting Adult Social Care teams would be an advantage.
- Ensure HR Leads are supported sufficiently in their role, actively liaising on casework, targeting sickness absence and deputising for them as appropriate.
- Provide professional advice to service clients on all aspects and interpretation of HR strategy, policies, procedures, practice and terms and conditions of service to ensure that employees are managed in a fair and consistent way.
- Undertake job evaluations, advising managers on job content, ensuring results are fit for purpose and producing robust and fair evaluations that comply with best practice.
- Liaise with the Transactional Services as appropriate to ensure that administration activities and standards complement the professional HR service.
- Analyse workforce information and provide responses to requests for management information so that accurate and up to date human resource data supports management decisions
- Advise managers on identifying training and development needs, working collaboratively with OD colleagues where appropriate, and resolving performance issues through development solutions.
- Commission, analyse and interpret information from a variety of sources, including participation in National Benchmarking Initiatives to ensure that the service has all the internal and external measures it requires for review and improvement activity and to deliver value for money.
- Graduate Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Generalist Human Resource Management experience in a unionised environment
- Up to date working knowledge of employment legislation, Codes of Practice and Human Resources Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of how to analyse and manipulate data
- Able to explain and present proposals and ideas in a structured and understandable manner
Rate of pay
Hours of work are 9am till 5:20pm, Monday to Thursday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.