Leeds, West Yorkshire
£21.21 - £22.27 per hour
9 days ago
Our client is seeking an HR Policies and Procedures Specialist on an initial 3-month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours & Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 37 hours at £21.21 p/h PAYE.
- Responsible for leading, coordinating and managing a full review of employment-related policies and procedures, updating, revising and where appropriate rewriting these to reflect current practice, legislation and the organisation's values and needs.
- Lead on the implementation of a more simplified, streamlined and revised approach to key HR processes, i.e. management of performance, behaviours and attendance management.
- Responsible for working with a variety of stakeholders to undertake all aspects of consultation, negotiation and employee engagement with regards to changes to HR policy and practice.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be the HR expert and lead for the review of the Combined Authority's employment-related policies and procedures, exploring best practice and current thinking and using knowledge and expertise to provide options and recommendations to the organisation.
- Lead on the negotiation and consultation of the revised policy and associated procedures where required, engaging and consulting with managers and staff and identifying changes to be made.
- In conjunction with other key stakeholders, be the HR departmental lead on the development and implementation of an employee handbook containing all relevant employment procedures and terms and conditions, ensuring alignment with current practice, legislation and organisational strategy.
- Responsible for establishing and providing clear policy statements and procedural guidance, ensuring the policy is determined by the leadership of the organisation.
- Lead on the development and implementation of comprehensive procedural guidance and toolkits for managers and employees.
- Responsible for the development of the organisation's intranet content relating to employment policies and procedures to improve assistance and support and to empower managers to manage in accordance with the guidelines.
- Work in partnership with other HR team members and organisational stakeholders to ensure the Combined Authority's pay structure, terms and conditions and policies and procedures are aligned and consistent and support departmental and organisational business plans and strategy.
- Be the key HR contact for liaison between the HR Department and directorates with regards to the specific directorate requirements and ongoing development and maintenance of HR policies and procedures.
- Typically works on horizons of one year, in line with the objectives set in the business plan.
- Ensure you have the right procedures in place to achieve your strategic objectives, developing and amending processes as required.
- Forward plan your workload, identifying appropriate solutions and acting accordingly.
- Lead by example on health & safety matters, ensuring compliance with the Combined Authority's health and safety policy.
Skills & Experience:
- Holds a degree in a business-related field or has extensive demonstrable practical experience
- Holds a CIPD qualification.
- Practical experience of performing successfully in a similar partnership role, with generalist HR experience.
- Extensive experience of the development, delivery and roll-out of HR policies and procedures, including consultation/negotiation with trade unions.
- Extensive experience in managing and leading change processes.
- Extensive and proven expertise as an HR generalist working with senior management, providing advice, guidance, recommendations and robust challenge.
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of UK employment law and evidence of keeping knowledge current and up to date.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.