Leeds, West Yorkshire
£21.21 - £22.27 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking an HR Pay and Reward Specialist on an initial 3-month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours & Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 37 hours at £21.21 p/h PAYE.
- Responsible for leading, coordinating and managing a full review of employee terms and conditions, updating, revising and where appropriate rewriting these to reflect current practice, legislation and the organisation's values and needs.
- Lead on the implementation of a revised approach to pay and grading, including the design and implementation of a new pay structure.
- Responsible for working with a variety of stakeholders to undertake all aspects of consultation, negotiation and employee engagement with regards to revised pay, grading and terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be the HR expert and lead for the review of the Combined Authority's pay and grading structure, exploring options and current thinking in relation to alternative pay structures and bargaining arrangements.
- Use knowledge and expertise to provide options, advice and recommendations to the organisation to shape requirements which align with organisational values and strategy.
- Lead on the negotiation and consultation of revised pay and grading proposals where required, engaging and consulting with managers and staff identifying changes to be made, relevant solutions and negotiating removal from current pay practices if appropriate.
- Lead on the implementation of any revised arrangements, providing relevant advice and guidance.
- Lead a working group to pursue accreditation as a living wage employer and follow up all relevant actions.
- Work in partnership with other key HR contacts to ensure that revisions to employment policy and practice are consistent with the organisation's revised terms and conditions and pay agreements and ensuring that the pay structure and job evaluation scheme are aligned and consistent.
- In conjunction with other key stakeholders, be an HR departmental lead on the development and implementation of an employee handbook confirming all agreed terms and conditions of employment and pay structure, ensuring alignment with current practice, legislation and organisational strategy.
- Lead on the design, development and implementation of employee benefits and reward and recognition scheme, researching options and providing recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with other HR team members and organisational stakeholders to ensure the Combined Authority's pay structure, terms and conditions and policies and procedures are aligned and consistent and support departmental and organisational business plans and strategy
- Be the key HR contact for liaison between the HR Department and directorates with regards to the specific directorate requirements and ongoing development and maintenance of HR pay and reward policies and procedures.
Skills & Experience:
- Holds a degree in a business-related field or has extensive demonstrable practical experience
- Holds a CIPD qualification.
- Practical experience of performing successfully in a similar partnership role, with generalist HR experience.
- Extensive experience of the development, delivery and roll-out of HR pay and reward policies, including consultation/negotiation with trade unions.
- Extensive experience in managing and leading change processes.
- Extensive and proven pay and reward expertise working with senior management, providing advice, guidance, recommendations and robust challenge.
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of UK employment law and evidence of keeping knowledge current and up to date.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.