£281.12 - £320 per day
24 days ago
4 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Business Partner to join our busy offices based in Kensington on a temporary basis for 4 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 36 hours per week, at £281.12 per day.
As the HR Business Partner, your main duties will include:
- To contribute to the overall strategic management and development of the Human Resources service providing specialism(s) in a particular service area/function.
- To provide a professional strategic HR service to directors and service managers meeting identified needs whilst supporting continuous improvement in people and organisation change and development. This will include provision of sound advice and support with service and culture change, embedding best employment practice, learning and OD, innovation in recruitment, selection and talent etc.
- To ensure that all HR interventions are consistent with current HR and corporate people strategy. To lead on areas of corporate HR policy and procedural development and implementation of contemporary HR policies and procedures whilst fostering a culture of co-operation and joint working with Council and other partners
- To attend Department Management Teams as the senior key HR Advisor and engage with senior managers in implementing change and supporting key initiatives e.g. market testing, in addition to structural, cultural and behavioural change
- Coach, mentor and support senior managers in order to improve people management and lead on facilitating sound performance management.
- Liaise with the specialist HR teams to prepare reports/MI data for a range of forums including staff groups, service managers and strategic and directorate management teams.
- To develop HR policy and advisory documentation to support effective people management across the Council (including staff under the purview of school Governing Bodies - where appropriate to post specialism).
- To lead or participate in cross-service teams on specific policies /projects, as required.
- To liaise with other services in the provision of a HR service to schools and Directorates that meets business requirements. (all references to schools are post specific)
- To support the development and delivery of learning interventions for members of the HR team, service managers etc. in key HR policy and procedures and updates on HR legislative changes and their application in the workplace.
- To work with trade unions and professional associations to ensure the continued development and maintenance of good employee relations, participating in formal and informal consultation and negotiation exercises as required.
- To provide a HR service which supports the Council's wider statutory responsibilities and meets the Council's requirements in ensuring financial probity and value for money.
- To interpret and implement HR implications of local and national governmental and employment law initiatives
- To develop and respond to contacts with service users, elected members, local and regional organisations, members of the public, school managers and to attend meetings as required.
- To identify / participate in learning and development activities in order to retain and enhance personal and service performance.
- To keep up to date with employment law, good practice and organisational development in order to ensure the HR Service is fit for purpose.
- To promote Equal Opportunities and Diversity good practice through the Council.
To be successful for this HR Business Partner post you will need to have:
- CIPD Qualified
- Evidence of working at a senior HR level commensurate to the role of HRBP
- MCIPD or equivalent
- Experience of working with HR Information systems and developing improvements
- Experience at a senior level within the HR environment commensurate to the level of this role including working successfully with Trade Unions
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.