£29.79 - £31.28 per hour
2 months ago
Our client is seeking an HR Business Partner on an initial 6 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £29.79 Per Hour PAYE.
Working with directorate leaders and management teams to understand service priorities, and as part of the wider HR team, shape and implement effective people strategies, plans and initiatives to meet service needs and help ensure organisational and people capabilities are in place to deliver outstanding services to residents in Oxfordshire
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide HR expertise to shape service strategies, planning and operational delivery ensuring the highest standards of employee engagement, workforce efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide expertise, working in partnership with services and teams, to ensure they are performing to high standards and continually improving.
- Be a critical friend, coach and expert to challenge and develop strong leadership and people management across the directorate.
- Identify short, medium and long term resourcing needs and work with service leads to develop workforce plans, including learning and development, workforce supply and demand, talent and succession management and retention strategies engaging and commissioning relevant HR teams and expertise where appropriate.
- Steer and advise on change management initiatives, restructures, service and job redesign, outsourcing and insourcing, redundancy programmes etc ensuring change programmes are properly planned, communicated, resourced and successfully delivered.
- Develop networks across services to gain insight and understanding to identify where HR can create the most value.
- Provide oversight and professional expertise and escalation point for all employee relations matters including in schools, ensuring risks and matters are managed appropriately and in a timely way and taking ownership of complex and contentious cases.
- Challenge services and leadership, using evidence, strong relationships and expertise to influence effectively.
- Work with leaders, managers, trade unions and employee representatives to create positive employee relations.
- Facilitate partnership working between the directorate and the HR team, ensuring a joined-up approach including close working with Finance to monitor service budgets, staff/agency costs and working closely on change programme costings.
- Use service and workforce data to feed into planning and improvements; financial controls and governance; statutory responsibilities; organisational change; resourcing and workforce development planning and organisational standards and performance.
- Lead and commission development activities to enhance culture and leadership in the Directorate
Skills and Experience:
- MCIPD or equivalent with a commitment to continuous professional development
- Significant experience of supporting organisational change ideally in local government or diverse/complex public services
- Expertise in the application of organisational development tools and techniques in order to drive organisational transformation and development
- Track record and ability to analyse, interpret and utilise data to inform planning and initiatives e.g. pay, sickness, turnover and overtime
- Good working knowledge of employment legislation and trends, to include evidence of its interpretation and application
- developing and delivery of People strategies and plans to support business objectives.
- strong leadership skills with experience of providing challenge and influence to senior leaders.
- evidence of managing change arising from significant changes to business practices, behaviours and attitudes.
- evidence of the development and delivery of corporate strategies and work plans;
- evidence of direct involvement in negotiation and consultation work involving TUs and other staff representatives
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.