Up to £18.54 per hour + Excellent Benefits
22 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Assistant to join our busy offices based in Watford on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 21 hours per week, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 8.45am till 5.15pm.
As the HR Assistant, your main duties will include:
- Respond to inquiries from managers, staff, and their representatives, or recruitment candidates. Queries would include conditions of service, Council HR policies, employment matters and require interpretation of policy/regulations, taking account of individual circumstances.
- Implement a range of HR processes. These will vary between sections but may include; administration of recruitment and selection processes, implementation of benefits, organization of hearings, and other HR-related meetings, e.g. Trade Union consultation forums.
- Administer a number of different systems that are IT-based. Provide a customer-focused service to managers and staff where systems have been opened up to the organization, e.g. setting passwords, guidance on system usage etc.
- Compile statistical information and participate in preparing new statistical reports.
- Taking minutes at HR-related meetings which may deal with complex and sensitive data e.g. disciplinary and grievance hearings.
- Archiving of documentation, using appropriate IT systems and file management protocols.
- Providing an administrative service to support senior staff in the Section; limited financial duties, organizing meetings, placing orders, etc.
- Actively promote equality issues through the application of the Council's employment practices and procedures and in accordance with relevant legislation.
To be successful for this HR Assistant post you will need to have:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and outlook at a level to compile reports (including embedded tables/diagrams), correspondence, presentations, maintaining spreadsheets, meeting arrangements
- Experience of iTrent (system administrator) and Business Objects.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.