£12.14 - £13.14 per hour
24 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Assistant to join our busy offices based in Southwark on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 36 hours per week, at £12.14 p/h.
As the HR Assistant, your main duties will include:
- Respond to inquiries from managers, staff, and their representatives, or recruitment candidates. Queries would include conditions of service, Council HR policies, employment matters and require interpretation of policy/regulations, taking account of individual circumstances.
- Implement a range of HR processes. These will vary between sections but may include; administration of recruitment and selection processes, implementation of benefits, organization of hearings, and other HR-related meetings, e.g. Trade Union consultation forums.
- Administer a number of different systems that are IT-based. Provide a customer-focused service to managers and staff where systems have been opened up to the organization, e.g. setting passwords, guidance on system usage etc.
- Compile statistical information and participate in preparing new statistical reports.
- Taking minutes at HR-related meetings which may deal with complex and sensitive data e.g. disciplinary and grievance hearings.
- Archiving of documentation, using appropriate IT systems and file management protocols.
- Providing an administrative service to support senior staff in the Section; limited financial duties, organizing meetings, placing orders, etc.
- Undertake simple research and participate in the implementation of HR projects, as directed by senior staff.
- Maintain efficient working relationships with team colleagues, other HR services, Managers, the Trade Unions, and people external to the Council.
- Actively promote equality issues through the application of the Council's employment practices and procedures and in accordance with relevant legislation.
To be successful for this HR Assistant post you will need to have:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and outlook at a level to compile reports (including embedded tables/diagrams), correspondence, presentations, maintaining spreadsheets, meeting arrangements
- Knowledge of how equalities apply I administrative and customer service settings
- Knowledge of current issues in the news, or planned changes in legislation that would impact HR
- Practical experience in a work setting or other structured environment of interpreting policy/procedural guidance and advise others accordingly, maintaining records and administrative computerized systems, and producing simple statistical or financial information
- Experience in composing written materials that meet customers' needs, including original correspondence, appropriate use of e-mail, and related to the administration of meetings including note/minute taking
- Experience in organizing workloads; taking the initiative, determining priorities and meetings deadlines Skills and Abilities
- Understand up to date knowledge of HR best practice, trends, employment legislation, and safeguarding policy
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.