Newton Abbot, Devon
£18.63 - £19.56 per hour
12 days ago
Our client is seeking a HR and OD Business Partner on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
18 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- To provide professional HR & OD advice to managers across the business, including Corporate Management Team through delivery of activities within the HR and OD business plan.
- To manage, develop and implement HR projects and programmes that support Organisational objectives, providing creative solutions and professional HR advice, guidance and challenge as required.
- To lead, project manage and deliver the workforce and people aspects of Organisational change programmes to ensure the alignment of the strategic vision of the business units in the context of the organisation and challenges of the business and political environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To deliver HR and OD solutions and advice that achieve the Organisational objectives of th council.
- To ensure that policies, procedures and systems for HR and OD are modern, up to date and deliver against the current and future needs of TDC.
- To proactively manage Organisational change programmes that deliver the desired outcomes and conform to legal and cultural frameworks.
- To ensure that HR and OD provide a cohesive and responsive service to managers and employees on all employment related matters.
- To ensure that TDC has a workforce that is aligned with the future needs of the service. Service Delivery Responsibilities.
- To provide advice, solutions and strategic input to business areas on the full range of HR and OD practice areas, including, ER, L&D, Change management, Recruitment and Selection and Health and Wellbeing.
- To proactively engage and communicate with business managers to ensure that relationships between their business area and the HR/OD team are strong and enable managers to increase their capability and capacity in dealing with HR matters.
- To contribute as part of the team, to ensuring the HR and OD team perform effectively as a unit, communicating changes with colleagues and other specialists and leading on their specific areas of project and policy work as a first amongst equals.
- To be responsible for day to day supervision of HR and OD support staff, allocating work and monitoring delivery and outcomes.
- As the project lead for specific areas e.g. policy, L&D, Health and Wellbeing, create evidence based implementation plans that define objectives, timelines and milestones to deliver the required outcomes and gain buy in and input from broader members of the team through communication and engagement.
- To stay abreast of developments in HR and OD and the Local Government sector and bring their learning from these practices and their CPD back into the business and share with others. This will include fundamental areas of practice such as employment law, as well as the latest developments in their areas of specialism or project leadership.
- To work effectively with the leadership team, SLT and the Strategic Lead for HR & OD to ensure that business cases for change are robust, reflective of business need and in line with good HR and legal practice.
- To project management and advise on large or complex restructures, redundancies and transfers, collaboratively leading Organisational change offering guidance, creative solutions and challenge to ensure adherence to both corporate policy and legislative requirements. Where necessary highlighting changes required to and amending corporate policy for insulation with Trades Unions.
- To contribute proactively to development of effective systems within the unit to capture, analyse and report HR data and be able to translate this into intelligence to continually improve the efficiency of the delivery of services.
Skills and Experience:
- Significant operational human resources experience at a senior advisory level gained in a complex organisation.
- Experience of providing professional advice on employment law, complex employee relations issues and legislative change.
- Experience of performance management, including techniques for influencing positive performance outcomes at team or individual level.
- Change management experience covering design, consultation and implementation (including redeployment and redundancy).
- Experience of working as a HR Business Partner in a complex public sector organisation.
- Experience of Midland iTrent HR system.
- Application form / interview Experience of developing, applying and delivering / implementing HR policies / procedures and best practice across a range of HR and OD areas.
- Experience of partnering with Managers to deliver solutions.
- Demonstrates credibility, integrity, resilience and customer service, Builds strong working relationships with managers trades unions and staff representatives .
- Ability to generate enthusiasm and commitment from others to ensure delivery of change.
- Strong analytical and evaluative skills in order to investigate, design and implement HR business solutions that meet Organisational need.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases