Up to £22.41 per hour + Excellent Benefits
19 days ago
3 months +
A 3 months+ opportunity for an HR Advisor has arisen with the local authorities in Cambridge.
As the HR Advisor, your main duties will include:
- Take responsibility for delivering a high quality professional HR advisory service to both managers and employees, working as an ambassador for the HR profession.
- Incorporate and demonstrate the corporate identity, culture, values and behaviours of the organisation in all aspects of work and encourage others to do so.
- Develop new organisational approaches to HR processes and policies in line with best practice and employment law. Ensure appropriate awareness and training is provided to the management team and employees.
- Give appropriate HR advice (employment law related and/or using Combined Authority Policies/Procedures) on key issues such as disciplinary, conduct, performance management, grievances and employee health issues.
- Provide managers with coaching, guidance and advice to enable them to handle routine people management and development issues.
- Manage a caseload of complex HR issues, providing managers with critical employment law and best practice guidance. Such issues will include management and above level recruitment; complex cases; investigations/ hearings/ appeals; exit strategies; and performance improvement.
To be successful for this HR Advisor post you will need to have:
- Sound HR generalist experience across the range of HR functions.
- CIPD level 5 qualification.
- Previous HR generalist experience in a strongly unionised environment with an awareness of employment law and political agendas.
- Strong team-building skills with the ability to work as a strong team member to provide a seamless, customer focussed HR service.
- Extensive experience of providing a robust professional HR service.
Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, 37 hours per week, Mopnday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.