£14.02 - £15.02 per hour
about 1 month ago
3 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Advisor to join our busy offices based in Stafford on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £14.02 p/h.
As the HR Advisor, your main duties will include:
- Be the first point of contact for all managers and staff across Staffordshire County Council, providing advice and guidance across the full range of People policies, procedures, systems, conditions of service, employment legislation and learning and development ensuring fair and consistent application.
- Ensure that all queries coming into advice and guidance are acknowledged, categorised, prioritised and answered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Explore any queries with customers to ensure full understanding of the issues and any implications for the business, to provide the most appropriate response for positive outcomes to the customer first time.
- Ensure that the advice and support provided is customer and business focused, reflects the organisational values and is delivered in a proactive and positive manner.
- Resolve queries at the earliest opportunity, escalating within the service only when further guidance/support is required whilst retaining ownership of the query from end to end.
- Provide advice across the business, taking a proactive approach to the management of absence and employee wellbeing to help reduce sickness absence levels in line with local government benchmarks. This will include supporting any formal absence processes.
- Maintain a database of all queries that come into the service ensuring that all personal data and information is handled in a confidential manner.
- Support the People Advice and Guidance Team Leader with the monitoring and gathering of accurate data to analyse any trends and issues in relation to queries that come into the Advice and Guidance team, to help develop ideas and identify improvements for customers.
- To draft and recommend frequently asked questions and guidance to the People Advice and Guidance Team Leader, to continually improve the information that is made available to our customers via a range of means including the intranet and digital technology.
- Respond and resolve and/or escalate to the People Advice and Guidance Team Leader any Payroll and System issues and Shared Services issues as appropriate.
- Deliver a service to meet established Key Performance Indicators to ensure an efficient and effective service.
- Work with the wider People Services team to resolve issues and improve processes and understand what good practice looks like.
- Ensure the Council meets its employer responsibilities in relation to People (HR and workforce) issues in SCC maintained schools.
- Provide support to the People Services Operations Team as required.
- Involvement in ad hoc admin and project work where required.
To be successful for this HR Advisor post you will need to have:
- CPP qualified and prepared to work towards CIPD qualification
- Active membership of the CIPD
- Previous experience of providing HR or similar advice and guidance in a customer focused environment
- An understanding and experience gained within HR from your studies and/or work experience (HR Administration or Customer Service work experience would be advantageous)
- Knowledge of current employment legislation, case law and good HR practice
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.