Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
£12.60 - £13.23 per hour
11 months ago
ur client is seeking a Hr Advisor on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £12.60 P/H PAYE
To provide HR support to the delivery of a customer focused, professional, HR Service to one or more of the Council Directorates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise on the more straightforward cases of absence, capability, discipline etc in order to support the Senior HR Adviser to meet objectives and timescales.
- Advise on and apply HR Strategy (policies, practices, procedures) and conditions of employment to ensure employees are managed in a fair and consistent way.
- Analyse and collate workforce information as requested by senior HR staff so that accurate and up to date HR data supports management decisions.
- Carry out job evaluation as required and maintain associated data bases.
- Undertake specific HR work streams as required, including supporting organisational change, to ensure effective outcomes.
- Liaise with other HR staff and Employee Service Centre on all relevant matters connected with overall service delivery to ensure that communication channels are fully and effectively used.
- Participate in running of briefing sessions and workshops to support wider understanding of people management within the organisation.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working with HR issues
- Experience providing HR related advice to managers.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the application of employment legislation and HR policies, procedures and best practices.
- Knowledge of how to analyse and manipulate data.
- Effective presentation skills
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Able to explain and the application of policies and procedures in a clear and structured manner.
- Able to work on own initiative.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.