£15.59 - £16.37 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a HR Advisor on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
In particular, to advise on and assist in the implementation of organisational changes, including the development of new operational structures and role profiles, consultation with employees and Trades Unions and the operation of appointment, redeployment, redundancy and other related human resources policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To advise on and support Managers in managing employee performance, grievance and other procedures, including hearings/interviews and related matters, preparing/presenting the Management case at Employee Appeals Panels and/or Employment Tribunals.
- To advise on and investigate, as appropriate, cases of sickness absence/ill health or other staffing matters including liaison with Occupational Health and advising on and implementing appropriate action.
- In conjunction with the Council's Job Analyst to advise Service Managers and staff on the Council's pay structures and to ensure effective liaison with the role profile validation and job evaluation processes.
- To advise Service Managers and staff on the Council's human resources policies/procedures and terms and conditions of employment and ensure appropriate action is taken on their implementation.
- To contribute to project work across the wider HR community.
- To provide cover for other Human Resources service's staff as required.
- To keep up to date on employment legislation and best practice in the area of human resources in order to aid continuous professional development.
- To, where applicable, assist in the design, implementation and delivery of training programmes relating to human resources policies/procedures.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven, contemporary HR delivery experience and sound technical expertise in employee relations legislation, case work practice and change management principles, ideally gained within a complex operating environment.
- Professionally qualified - ideally to Associate CIPD (intermediate level) or equivalent level of experience.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills to empathise with and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Trained in job evaluation methodology, Hay preferable (or willingness to be trained in Hay methodology).
- Effective reasoning and analytic skills and the ability to form sound judgements to give well-reasoned advice.
- Able to prioritise a complex workload in an environment of change.
- Knowledge of job analysis, job design and job evaluation schemes.
- Ability to chair validation panels.
- Effective MS Office IT skills
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases