£23.23 - £25 per hour
22 days ago
6 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Team Leader to join our busy offices based in Portsmouth on a temporary basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £23.23 p/h.
As the Housing Team Leader, your main duties will include:
- To manage a team responsible for the regulation of privately rented accommodation, including enforcement of statutory housing standards, licensing of HMO's, empty properties, public health issues, and landlord accreditation.
- You will be required to undertake one-to-one appraisals and support, setting out the team and individual priorities, workload and performance monitoring, and providing help and advice to team members to enhance their knowledge. You would apply the principles and management methodology of the Systems Thinking Approach to achieve excellent customer service.
- To carry out all statutory enforcement responsibilities, investigations, give advice and provide a responsive proactive service in respect of all private sector housing matters.
- You will be the lead officer for the Park Home Management team in managing a number of residential mobile home park sites.
- Approve the commencement of legal proceedings under the relevant legislation, and act as the Council's expert witness in court proceedings as required.
To be successful for this Housing Team Leader post you will need to have:
- Have at least a BSc (Hons) Degree or equivalent in Environmental Health or equivalent degree in Building Surveying or similar field.
- Be a qualified Environmental Health Officer with a certificate of registration issued by the Environmental Health Registration Board (EHRB) would be desirable.
- Strong technical working knowledge of built environment issues plus expertise in private sector housing legislation and good practice, including enforcement action.
- Have a sound knowledge of surveying residential property and be able to undertake a full property inspection, in particular experience of the Housing Health and Safety Rating system (HHSRS).
- Be able to identify and provide advice on necessary property repairs and produce schedules of works with clear instructions on what works should be carried out.
- Experience in managing a team, dealing with management issues and performance monitoring criteria.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.