Up to £16.14 per hour + Excellent Benefits
28 days ago
3 months +
A 3 months+ opportunity for a Street Outreach Worker Housing has arisen with the local authorities in Worthing.
- To contribute to the reduction of crime and disorder in Worthing and Adur by reducing the harm caused by and to, the street community.
- To provide an assertive outreach service, offering one to one support, referral and advocacy to those who live or socialise on the street with an emphasis on promoting recovery from substance and/or alcohol misuse.
- To provide inreach support to clients placed in temporary accommodation in a variety of locations, including out of area, who have been referred in to accommodation through the Rough Sleepers team pathway.
- To attend the Outreach drop in service to engage with clients on a range of support issues.
- Proactively engage with members of the street community in Adur and Worthing. To encourage access to services to reduce their vulnerability and impact upon the community.
- To identify individuals at risk of harm of alcohol and/or substance misuse and provide brief interventions and advice to reduce the impact of drug and/or alcohol misuse.
- To liaise with partner agencies to develop multi-agency support plans for vulnerable members of the street community.
- To manage a small caseload of individuals, to support them to access and sustain engagement with drug and alcohol services, health services and housing services.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Local authority experience
- Risk Management
Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.