£18.06 - £18.96 per hour
11 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Strategy Officer to join our clients offices based in Watford on a temporary contract basis for 3 months.
As the Housing Strategy Officer, your main duties will include:
The Housing Department requires the following documents to be drafted and consulted upon:
- A Housing Strategy for Watford Borough Council
- A Homelessness Review
- A Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy for Watford Borough Council
The Housing Strategy should be a 5 year overarching document for the council from which will stem a suite of housing-related strategies and policies including the:
- Homelessness Review
- Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy
- Nominations Policy
- Tenancy Strategy
- Private Sector Housing Renewal Policy
- Private Rented Sector Discharge Policy
- Temporary Accommodation Placement Policy
- Storage Policy
- Discretionary Housing Payments Policy
- The Housing Strategy must consider the housing market in Watford and address all aspects of housing need and supply in the borough including owner occupation, private rented and social/affordable rented housing. It must include an action plan with SMART actions.
- The vision and priorities for the housing in the borough have already been agreed with Members.
- The content and scope of the Homelessness Review and the 5 year Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy should reflect the requirements set out in both the MHCLG's Homelessness Code of Guidance for Local Authorities (Chapter 2) and the National Practitioners Support Service (NPSS) guidance in its Self Assessment Homelessness Reduction Act (SAHRA) checklists 1 and 8 (Corporate Commitment and Prevention focused homelessness strategy and delivery plan, respectively). Again the strategy should include an action plan with SMART actions.
To be successful for this Housing Strategy Officer post you will need to have:
- Ability to act as the council's strategic housing expert
- Ability to contribute to other strategic work both within the council and externally with partners
- Ability to develop an integrated and effective strategic approach to housing and performance management
- Ability to develop, implement, manage and review the council's strategies
- Ability to work and negotiate with partners internal and external to the council
21 hours per week
Monday - Wednesday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.