£16.71 - £20.65 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
about 1 month ago
A 5 Month+ opportunity has arisen for an Interim Operations Manager within the local authorities in Cambridge.
To be part of the Housing Standards team within the Private Sector Housing service for Portsmouth City Council, delivering responsive and effective services to anyone who approaches the city council needing help regarding their home. This includes the delivery of statutory functions relating to housing standards and licencing of housing in multiple occupation (HMO).
Purpose of the role
The Housing Standards Officer is responsible for delivering compliance with the law in the most appropriate manner and in the appropriate possible timeframe, ensuring that high regard is given to the entire range of options and best practice and whilst remaining in compliance with the law.
The duties of the role will include the following related to the legislative and statutory duties, and the council's private rental sector strategy:
- Receive, assess and where necessary action, customer demand relating to the provision and management of private sector housing, particularly the private rental sector
- Carry out reactive, routine or proactive visits to private rental properties and, where necessary, undertaking Housing Health & Safety Rating System (HHSRS) assessments.
- Where problems are discovered with the provision of housing, working with landlords and tenants to find the best solution, always aiming to keep the tenant in their home wherever possible.
- investigate complaints in respect to statutory duties or regulations
- carry out inspections and monitoring as required to ensure that actions are undertaken and outcomes are achieved
- Ensure that legislation and local policy regarding HMOs is adhered to, providing information on licence conditions where appropriate, and monitoring compliance with these conditions
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance to customers contacting the service ensuring regulatory compliance through education and advice.
- Using professional judgement to make decisions on the best course of action, while dealing with potentially confrontational situations with landlords and tenants assertively.
Rate of pay
Hours of work are 09:00-5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.