£16.42 - £21 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
20 days ago
A 3 Month opportunity for a Housing Solutions Officer has arisen within the local authorities in Lancing.
Principal Purpose of the job
The post holder will have day to day accountability for the management of Adur Homes properties within a neighbourhood area. With a strong emphasis on rental income management the post holder will be able to negotiate with internal services and stakeholders to deliver an excellent generic housing service to the residents of Adur Homes
Main duties, tasks and responsibilities of post holder
Rental Income Collection
- Ensure customers know their rent due, payment dates, and methods by which they can pay their rent.
- Work with Customers in rent arrears to establish the reason for rent arrears and work with Customers to tackle the reasons for non- payment
- Support tenants in receipt of welfare benefits to make & evidence their claims, in a timely way.
- Monitor rent accounts to ensure residents in arrears are contacted promptly, and payment due taken or a mutually agreeable arrangement made and monitored.
- Liaise with all parties to seek agreement on satisfactory outcomes to reports of ASB
- Make referrals to the West Sussex Mediation Service and monitor outcomes.
- Ensure all risk assessments are made using the harm centred approach in the Councils ASB Policy
- Encourage and promote Resident Engagement . Supporting the Resident Engagement Officer by attendance at Resident Association meetings and events.
- Undertake, action and report on regular estate inspections.
- Carry out site inspections & liaise with legal to deal with boundary disputes
- Work with Housing Assistants to respond to reports of fly tipping, abandoned vehicles & dog fouling on Adur land.
- Carry out inspections of properties subject to right to buy to ensure any required covenants are included in the purchase agreement.
- Manage a variety of tenure types, across the Councils stock.
- Provide a Housing management service to our Leasehold properties in conjunction with the Leasehold Services Officers
- Undertake new tenant sign ups, and home visit s within 4 weeks of a tenancy start date.
- Manage the mutual Exchange process, ensuring compliance with all legislation.
Rate of pay
Hours of work are 09am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.