£17.67 - £18.6207 per hour + Paye / Umbrella
about 1 month ago
6 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Options Officer to join our busy offices based in Dunstable on a temporary basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £17.67 p/h.
As the Housing Options Officer, your main duties will include:
- Deliver effective advisory & assistance service as part of a comprehensive approach to Housing Options that meet statutory requirements.
- Negotiate with landlords and other agencies or relevant parties (e.g. family and friends) to ensure that accommodation does not cease to be available to an applicant whenever possible.
- Mediate to resolve potentially homeless cases, irrespective of tenure (excluding fear of violence).
- Manage a caseload, and make decisions in regards to homelessness which include judgements related to duties owed by the local authority and determining the best course of action in emergency situations, which impact upon the health and safety of people in the community.
- Be the first point of contact for our customers relevant to the services provided.
- Assist the Head of Service in maintaining a strategic view of service provision, identifying priorities and developing work programmes.
- Apply your experience to lead a team, to deliver an efficient service that effectively manages housing demand.
- Undertake complex casework and advise Housing Options Officers on complex cases.
To be successful for this Housing Options Officer post you will need to have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.