Neath, Neath Port Talbot
£12.11 - £13.11 per hour
8 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Options Officer to join our clients' offices based in on a temporary contract basis for months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Housing Options Officer, your main duties will include:
- To be responsible to the Senior Housing Options Officer for the day-to-day operation of the Housing Options Service and the implementation of Council policy in relation to current statute, relevant codes of guidance and case law.
- To be responsible for interviewing and assessing homelessness cases and carrying out any investigation of the facts of each individual case. To maintain accurate records of interview and cases presented and prepare documentation in relation to the provision of accommodation.
- To liaise with statutory and voluntary agencies with a view to preventing homelessness and to signpost and refer applicants to relevant external support and advice agencies.
- To undertake appropriate Risk Assessments, record outcomes and act on identified risks and to ensure compliance with all Corporate and Directorate Health and Safety Policies.
- To represent the Housing Options Service at appropriate forums as and when requested.
- To organise interim accommodation and provide referrals to the Support and Resettlement Service.
- To participate in supervision and appraisal sessions and to undertake personal development and training as identified in supervision sessions.
- To participate in the Authorities formal Out of Hours rota including covering bank holidays.
- In addition to the above duties and responsibilities, the post holder must be prepared to undertake such additional duties which may result from changing circumstances, but which may not of necessity change the general character or level of responsibility to the post.
- The post holder will be subject to annual development review which will incorporate a review of the above duties and performance of the post holder.
To be successful for this Housing Options Officer post you will need to have:
- Ability to participate in the Out of Hours Service
- A CRB check
- Minimum 4 GCSE's A-C
- Experience in providing front-line housing advice to clients experiencing homelessness or housing need.
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Pay Rate: £12.11 p/h PAYE
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.