£13.11 - £13.76 per hour
about 1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Options Officer to join our clients offices based in Rugby on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Housing Options Officer, your main duties will include:
- To interview, learn the housing need and provide tailored advice to all people that approach the Council for guidance on their housing situation.
- To correctly process all applications from people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness and offer advice and assistance in accordance with legislation and Council policy.
- To take all necessary steps to prevent homelessness occurring where possible, including carrying out home visits to landlords, families, mediation and conciliation wherever possible.
- To pursue enquiries as required by the Housing Acts to establish homelessness, priority need and local connections, in order to make decisions concerning the Council's duty towards individual households.
- To take appropriate action when dealing with complaints from customers in relation to unlawful eviction and harassment and liaise/take advice from the Council's Legal Department.
- To ensure that customers receive a high quality professional service that meets their needs, the purpose of the Service and the Council's corporate priorities
To be successful for this Housing Options Officer post you will need to have:
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in housing or customer focused environments with demonstrable knowledge of housing options
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to provide complex information to customers in a format that is easily understood
- Good understanding of housing and homelessness legislation
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A good standard of education to GCSE level or equivalent
- Strong PC skills including working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Ability to carry out day to day administrative functions, including maintaining case notes and writing reports in a timely and accurate manner
Full Driving Licence Required
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.