£13.99 - £14.69 per hour
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Options Officer to join our clients offices based in Bournemouth on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Housing Options Officer, your main duties will include:
- To assist clients who present as potentially homeless and work with them to find solutions
- To manage cases of homelessness clients and enable moving on to alternative accommodation.
- To conduct one to one interviews with Service Users and carryout a triage service at reception.
- To answer telephone enquiries and provide appropriate advice.
- To record information on Locata accurately.
- Keep up to date on Homelessness and other relevant legislation
- Attend relevant internal and external meetings as agreed by the Senior Housing Options Officer
- Abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for own safety and of colleagues
To be successful for this Housing Options Officer post you will need to have:
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 /2Alevels or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE
- Experience of undertaking face to face case- work with vulnerable client groups e.g. those who are homeless or potentially homeless, offenders , young people etc
- Experience of communicating effectively both orally and in writing with a range of professional and voluntary agencies.
- Experienced in homeless prevention
- Thorough knowledge of Part V11 of the Housing Act
- Able to write sound s184 decisions
- Able to give robust housing advice across a range of options
- Ability to triage on reception effectively
- Able to thrive under pressure and ability to prioritise case loads
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.