£14.38 - £17.90 per hour + PAYE/Umbrella
13 days ago
3 months +
A 3 months+ opportunity for a Housing Officer has arisen with the local authorities in Bournmouth.
As the Housing Options Officer, your main duties will include:
- To use creative solutions to prevent homelessness occurring, and to use agreed homelessness prevention and relief practices and negotiation skills to minimise the need for the Council to use its own accommodation. The post holder will provide a proactive homeless prevention service through the provision of comprehensive housing and welfare advice. To undertake a wide range of homeless prevention activities including:-
- Liaison with private sector landlords
- Liaison and mediation with householders excluding family members and others
- Undertake relevant home visits, including working with some of the most difficult and challenging customers during times of anxiety and stress.
- Provision of emergency advice in relation to landlord and tenant law, family law, tenants' rights, and unlawful eviction
- Access to accommodation options
To be successful for this Housing Options Officer post you will need to have:
- 3-5 years experience in delivering customer-focused, quality services.
- Substantial experience in interviewing and providing housing advice to vulnerable clients.
- Experience in managing a client caseload.
- Experience in working with vulnerable client groups.
Home working allowed, to apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.