Royal Leamington Spa
£11.96 - £13.38 per hour
9 days ago
8 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Options Officer to join our busy offices based in Leamington Spa on a temporary basis for 8 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £11.96 - £13.38 p/h.
As the Housing Options Officer, your main duties will include:
- To use creative solutions to prevent homelessness occurring, and to use agreed homelessness prevention and relief practices and negotiation skills to minimise the need for the Council to use its own accommodation. The post holder will provide a proactive homeless prevention service through the provision of comprehensive housing and welfare advice. To undertake a wide range of homeless prevention activities including:-
- Liaison with private sector landlords
- Liaison and mediation with householders excluding family members and others
- Undertake relevant home visits, including working with some of the most difficult and challenging customers during times of anxiety and stress.
- Provision of emergency advice in relation to landlord and tenant law, family law, tenants' rights, and unlawful eviction
- Access to accommodation options
- Completion of emergency Court applications to suspend possession orders and bailiff's warrants, including preparation of legal pleadings on behalf of clients.
- Referrals to tenancy deposit scheme, support providers including the Direct Access Hostel and women's aid refuges in order to prevent or relieve homelessness.
- To prepare and review Personal Housing Plans and Housing Needs Assessments.
- To mentor, train and guide the Housing Options and/or Allocations Assistants in carrying out support tasks connected with preventing homelessness as required.
- To administer and discharge the Council's obligations to people threatened with or experiencing homelessness. Consider each individual application in accordance with the Council's legal duties and ensure that any accommodation provided is provided in the most cost-effective way. The post holder will be required to undertake diagnostic in-depth Housing Options interviews to identify the nature and cause of a wide range of housing and housing-related problems and provide advice, intensive casework, referrals and joint working and other interventions to prevent and relieve homelessness in accordance with the law. As a Housing Law specialist to act on behalf of clients in written form and through representations, negotiation and liaison with landlords, letting agents, lenders, solicitors, police, housing providers, Social Care staff, Housing Benefit staff, DWP staff and third party organisations.
To be successful for this Housing Options Officer post you will need to have:
- 3-5 years experience in delivering customer-focused, quality services.
- Substantial experience in interviewing and providing housing advice to vulnerable clients.
- Experience in managing a client caseload.
- Experience in working with vulnerable client groups.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.