Up to £20 per hour
9 days ago
A 3 Month+ opportunity for a Housing Options Officer within the local authorities in Rugby.
Must have current experience of dealing with homelessness application in accordance with HRA. Must be willing to work in an office environment.
Purpose of the Job
To prevent homelessness by providing housing information, advice and assistance to customers across all housing tenures.
To develop links with partners in order to identify suitable accommodation for customers approaching the Housing Options Team.
To increase housing options for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- To interview, learn the housing need and provide tailored advice to all people that approach the Council for guidance on their housing situation.
- To correctly process all applications from people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness and offer advice and assistance in accordance with legislation and Council policy
- To take all necessary steps to prevent homelessness occurring where possible, including carrying out home visits to landlords, families, mediation and conciliation wherever possible.
- To pursue enquiries as required by the Housing Acts to establish homelessness, priority need and local connections, in order to make decisions concerning the Council's duty towards individual households.
- To take appropriate action when dealing with complaints from customers in relation to unlawful eviction and harassment and liaise/take advice from the Council's Legal Department.
- To ensure that customers receive a high quality professional service that meets their needs, the purpose of the Service and the Council's corporate priorities
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in housing or customer focused environments with demonstrable knowledge of housing options
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Good understanding of housing and homelessness legislation
- A good standard of education to GCSE level or equivalent
Monday - Friday
Rate of Pay:
To apply please send your CV or email for more information
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.