£13.99 - £14.69 per hour
25 days ago
Our client is seeking a Housing Options Officer on an initial 11 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The primary purpose is to deliver the front line housing options service, working with clients who are potentially homeless.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist clients who present as potentially homeless and work with them to find solutions
- To manage cases of homelessness clients and enable moving on to alternative accommodation.
- To conduct one to one interviews with Service Users and carryout a triage service at reception.
- To answer telephone enquiries and provide appropriate advice.
- To record information on Locata accurately.
- Keep up to date on Homelessness and other relevant legislation.
- Attend relevant internal and external meetings as agreed by the Senior Housing Options Officer.
- Abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for own safety y and of colleagues.
- Any other duties, as required by the Senior Housing Options Officer within the grade of the post to ensure the effective delivery and development of the service.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of undertaking face to face case- work with vulnerable client groups e.g. those who are homeless or potentially homeless, offenders , young people etc
- Experience of communicating effectively both orally and in writing with a range of professional and voluntary agencies.
- Experienced in homeless prevention.
- Knowledge of Locata.
- Thorough knowledge of Part V11 of the Housing Act.
- Good Computer Literacy to include Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal /Verbal communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Numerical /writing skills.
- Good interviewing skills.
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases