£25 - £31.12 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
19 days ago
A 3 Month+ opportunity for a Housing Options Officer has arisen within the local authorities in Ellesmere Port.
Extensive experience of Housing Options advice and HRA2017 required for frontline assessment of statutory homeless duties.
Frontline assessment role including the prevention and relief of homelessness and decisions under part VII of the Housing Act 1996.
To provide housing options advice to members of the public following an assessment and carry out casework, with the primary aim of preventing homelessness. To make determinations on homeless cases in accordance with Housing Act 1996 part VII (as amended) and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
- To act as the first point of contact for advice, assistance and support to provide an efficient, friendly and responsive service to all customer and stakeholder enquiries either in person, by telephone, home visit, email or in writing.
- To assess homelessness applications and make sound decisions, ensuring that the Council's obligations under the Housing Act 1996, Part VII (as amended) and the Homelessness Reduction Act are complied with and once assessed and investigated make decisions on the duties owed.
- To review Personal Housing Plans with customers to ensure successful outcomes and.to prevent and relieve homelessness by exploring all options and utilizing 'prevention tools'.
- To work in partnership with the Council's Contracted Support Provider to prevent and relieve homelessness, in particular ensuring that customers with support needs are referred for support.
- Make referrals to, and liaise closely with, other agencies in order to provide appropriate housing solutions to contribute to the delivery of service objectives to ensure that the service contributes effectively to tackling social exclusion, worklessness, debt and overcrowding.
- Continue to provide advice to households in temporary accommodation to ensure effective and timely move on.
- To make recommendations to the Team Leader regarding Policy and procedural changes.
- 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) Grade C or above.
- Experience of working with the public
- A knowledge of housing legislation and housing options
- Housing related experience
- Housing related qualification (Desirable)
- Enhanced DBS
Rate of pay
Hours of work are 09am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.