£16.16 - £16.97 per hour
6 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Officer So2 to join our clients offices based in Wembley on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Housing Officer So2, your main duties will include:
- Provide a high level of customer service with emphasis on getting things right the first time, keeping promises and taking ownership for the customer demands and request. Promote self-sufficiency in our services while offering support to those that need extra help.
- Work with partners to set, coordinate, track and ensure completion of actions with other services to get things done for the customer which meet or exceed customers' expectations.
- Be the primary contact for local stakeholders e.g.: residents associations, Councillors, the police etc. for individual casework.
- Deliver a comprehensive lettings service which leaves customers feeling satisfied with Brent Housing Management from day one.
- Carry out estate inspections and health and safety inspections to ensure statutory compliance and contract reviews
To be successful for this Housing Officer So2 post you will need to have:
- Knowledge of housing legislation, in particular, an understanding of Landlord and Tenant law and other legal requirements relevant to the management of homes and neighbourhoods.
- Administrative and literacy to GCSE/BTEC level or demonstrable ability to operate at this level
- Relevant experience of working in a partnership/multi-agency setting and multi-disciplinary team.
- An understanding of housing legislation in relation to nuisance, neighbour disputes and racial harassment.
- Effectively interview customers through active listening and negotiation skills.
- Finds creative ways of delivering results which go beyond what is expected wherever possible.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing with a wide range of people, including Councillors, contractors and other agencies.
- Demonstrate the ability to be solution-focused, taking responsibility and action to promote great customer service, with a 'Can Do' attitude.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team towards common goals, creating a sense of team spirit.
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.