£20 - £25 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
20 days ago
A 6-week opportunity for a Housing Officer (Housing Advice/Homelessness Prevention) has arisen with the local authorities in Exeter.
We are Looking for a full time experienced Housing Options officer to start with immediate effect, due to current situation this officer will be home working until further notice. Contract until 31/03/2021 with option to extend.
The candidate must have experience of working within an extremely busy housing department, working on an average of 25/30 cases, must be able to demonstrate a background of assisting in the prevention of homeless, looking at all options available, sound knowledge of the Homeless Reduction Act. Previous experience using LOCATA housing management system preferable.
Must have experience of good team working and evidence of external relationships with other agencies supporting those who are or at risk of homelessness.
- You will provide timely high quality frontline housing related advice and assistance in order to maximise our customers' housing opportunities.
- You will take action to prevent homelessness occurring, using the Council's agreed prevention policies.
- You will investigate and make decisions in all aspects of homelessness applications.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- You will be educated to at least HND/first degree level in housing or equivalent by experience
- You will hold full membership of the Chartered Institute of Housing or other appropriate institution.
- You will have sufficient technical and legal knowledge across the functions of homelessness prevention and homelessness to operate effectively. This will include mental health, drugs and domestic violence awareness, and understanding of welfare benefits and housing law in relation to immigration and young people
- You will have sufficient legal knowledge on equality and diversity issues to ensure that you can support fair and equitable access to the Council's services.
Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
Rate of Pay:
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.