£11.88 - £12.45 per hour
5113029 / 19-00730_1568280812
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Officer to join our clients offices based in Nuneaton on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Housing Officer, your main duties will include:
- To provide an effective and efficient housing management service incorporating all matters of tenancy management, lettings and enforcement
- Undertake a range of tenancy management duties including: Sign up's, property inspections for tenants giving notice or completing a transfer or mutual exchange, carrying out post tenancy visits to new and transferring tenants, accompanied viewings, investigations for tenancy amendments, managing the conversion of Introductory tenancies to Secure tenancies.
- Carry out investigations for abandoned properties and to liaise with other teams within the Council for evidence purposes
- Deliver a comprehensive anti-social behaviour service to customers and Leaseholders and other stakeholders, building effective partnerships with other bodies and agencies
- Represent the Council in Court in respect of anti-social behaviour and other proceedings
- Ensure that void properties are let promptly
- Ensure post tenancy visits are completed to achieve customer satisfaction targets
- Work in partnership with the Communities Team in the development of Sustainable Communities.
- To carry out routine inspections of estates, including liaison with the estate caretaking team and other teams within the Council.
To be successful for this Housing Officer post you will need to have:
- Recent and relevant experience of housing management duties including allocations.
- Experience of dealing with customers in one to one situations.
- Must have experience of accepting responsibility for decisions taken, and to work on own initiative within guidelines.
- Must have Anti-social behaviour experience in dealing with Anti-Social Behaviour
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent to include English
- A basic understanding of housing legislation and law.
- Be able to operate a computerised Housing Management system.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Be able to demonstrate empathy with customers.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to understand, interpret and make decisions in matters of Housing Policy.
- Have an understanding of the issues of housing, estate management, health and safety and how these impact on the wellbeing of customers and the responsibilities of landlords
Enhanced DBS Required
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.