City of London, London
£15.75 - £16.54 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Housing Officer on an initial 5 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 36 Hours
Pay Rate: £15.75 P/H PAYE
The Housing Officer will be responsible for a comprehensive resident led housing functions, maintaining a high quality physical environment and a resident focused customer friendly service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be the first point of contact for any housing related issues raised by residents both tenant and leaseholder. Ensure that issues raised are comprehensively case managed and other services are proactively engaged so issues are resolved.
- Provide a comprehensive tenancy and leasehold management and enforcement service, driving and managing the consistent and forceful application policies and procedures.
- Enforcement against unauthorised occupants and proactively tackling cases of housing fraud. Working with colleagues to support households to move to accommodation suitable to the size of their family and ensure properties are let quickly with a culture of payment (rent/ charges) instilled with all new residents
- Assist in action plans for neighbourhoods to ensure they are clean, safe and well maintained to residents satisfaction.
- Conduct Fire Risk Assessments for low rise blocks, including the recording, management and monitoring of all actions identified in the assessment.
- Manage all cases in the areas of nuisance, ASB and vulnerability, and working closely with relevant agencies and departments to find sustainable solutions in individual issues and to bring about satisfactory resolutions.
- Work with vulnerable residents to ensure their needs are met through the housing service and to provide a signposting service for residents with additional support needs to partner departments within the council and agencies outside of the council.
Skills and Experience:
- Understand current issues affecting local authority and social housing.
- Working knowledge of housing and leasehold management law and practise
- Knowledge of legal processes on tenancy management, including preparing and presenting cases for case conferences and court action.
- Leasehold management
- In a customer facing role, ideally in a social housing field.
- Income/debt collection policies and procedures
- Dealing with conflict.
- Using Microsoft office and using a wide range of office equipment and ICT software
- Of organising and prioritising a workload, managing conflicting demands.
- Undertaking a variety of administrative and financial tasks in a structured environment to support the delivery of services.
- Work remotely without direct day to day management and supervision
- Build effective working relationships with staff, peers and members
- Work as a part of team contributing positively to collective goals
- Draft correspondence, information and reports to a high standard using appropriate technology
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.