South East London, London
£15.75 - £16.53 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Housing Officer on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide a full range of advice on housing options including, but not limited to the private and public sector and ensure comprehensive homelessness prevention service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide an effective, customer-friendly and efficient service to clients presenting with housing problems; to support them in keeping their current home or in accessing a new home in the public or private housing sector.
- To advise clients on full range of options available to support them to resolve their housing problem, including, but not limited to intervention if threatened with homelessness or homelessness, registering on council housing list, initiatives for council tenants, private renting, mortgage advice, moving out of London and shared ownership.
- To promote the use of the private rented sector as a viable alternative to social rented housing, in order to encourage independence, prevent homelessness, provide settled housing solutions and reduce the Council's use of temporary accommodation.
- Provide excellent tenancy sustainment support ensuring tenancies in the private rented sector are sustainable.
- To provide advice on all processes leading to acquiring a private rented sector tenancy and tenancy sustainment service for all households approaching Housing Solutions Service.
- To identify the welfare and support needs of homeless people who require private rented accommodation through visits and other contacts, reports from internal officers and liaison with other agencies.
- To visit applicants who are potentially homeless and their excludes to assess their current circumstances.
- To provide advice on the full range of housing options available to customers and their family.
- To prevent homelessness where appropriate and to use judgement to make timely relevant interventions.
- In accordance with the HRA; to provide a professional and effective housing options and homelessness investigation service; including, but not limited to; taking a full application from the service user and issuing personalised housing plans in preventing or relieving homelessness irrespective of the customer's priority need or intentionally status.
- To complete the Personalised Plan and adopt a person centred approach following a detailed assessment with all customers following the first interview.
- To ensure this Personalised Plan is kept up to date after being satisfied that the applicant is homeless and eligible for assistance.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of providing an effective advice service to members of the public.
- Experience of implementing an equality and diversity approach to service delivery.
- Experience of working in a team.
- Experience of working with homeless clients.
- Experience of carrying out interviews, investigations, negotiations.
- Experience of effective record keeping including electronically.
- Experience of successfully working to performance targets and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including active listening, advocacy and a win-win approach with all stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write detailed technical letters and reports.
- Ability to gain, and retain, the confidence and respect of staff, service users and other contacts.
- Ability to work unsupervised, prioritise workloads and achieve targets and deadlines.
- Ability to gather information and interpret complex issues e.g. legislation and Case Law quickly, to think creatively about problems and identify solutions.
- Ability to work effectively and even-handedly with people from diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
- IT literate and able to use computer software effectively.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligable to work in the UK.
- Last 2 employees names.
- 2 Years written referencing (All gaps verified)
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.