£13.99 - £14.69 per hour
15 days ago
Our client is seeking a Housing Officer on an initial 1 year contract with the possibility of an extension.
37.5 hours per week
Monday - Friday
A Navigator provides intensive personalised support to clients who are rough sleeping in their by adopting a flexible, creative and personalised approach, the aim to support individuals to support those who are rough sleeping through their journey housing and supporting positive improvement in their quality of life.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the day to day delivery of the service; managing a maximum caseload of 10 clients with the overall goal of supporting them to sustain a new tenancy.
- You will be responsible for managing your own caseload and hours and will require excellent time management skills, a proactive approach to your work and the ability to prioritise.
- To provide support to clients, tailored to individual needs and aspirations, with clients being able to choose, as far as possible, what, how and when support is delivered.
- To provide ongoing and intensive support to help your clients set up their home and maintain their tenancy. You will offer support over treatment and other issues assertively; however, this engagement will be optional for clients. Support will be offered in the tenants initially when rough sleeping or in Temporary accommodation and later in the community.
- You will be responsible with working with external agencies to collectively provide a comprehensive support package.
- Build and maintain pro-active working relationships with clients on case load.
- To offer a personalised service to each client and liaise with other agencies or specialist workers where appropriate.
- To advocate, where appropriate, on behalf of clients with external agencies regarding their welfare rights, Primary Health Care needs and other issues affecting their health and well being
- To take a pro-active role in promoting awareness of the Service and related issues within the community and businesses of the specific Areas/Boroughs
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases