£10.75 - £13.39 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
25 days ago
A 3 month+ opportunity for a Housing Officer - Level 1 has arisen within the local authorities in Southwark.
The Housing Officer (Level 1) will support senior staff in providing resident led neighbourhood services; maintaining a high quality physical environment and a resident focussed customer friendly service.
Allocated tasks may include:
- Estate inspections; identifying issues and pursuing actions within Council procedures
- Responding to tenants' (or prospective tenants') enquiries including lettings, applications, rents, repairs, neighbour complaints, etc. At a level which uses knowledge of housing management functions and regulations.
- A comprehensive tenancy and leasehold management and enforcement service, participating in the consistent and forceful application of Southwark's policies and procedures to ensure residents are able to live in an enjoyable environment.
- Work with vulnerable residents to ensure their needs are met through the housing service and to provide a signposting service for residents with additional support needs to partner departments within the council and agencies outside of the council.
- Maintaining housing related databases; produce reports and statistics related to the functions allocated.
Skills and Experience
- Understand current issues affecting local authority and social housing
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulation.
- Knowledge of tenancy and leasehold management principles
- Previous experience in a customer facing role, ideally in a social housing field.
- Drafting correspondence, information and reports to a high standard using appropriate technology.
- Undertaking a variety of administrative and financial tasks in a structured environment to support the delivery of services
Monday - Friday
(Remote working due to Covid)
Rate of Pay:
Umbrella Company: £13.39
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.