Up to £17.74 per hour + Umbrella
about 2 months ago
2 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Officer to join our busy offices based in Wembley on a temporary basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £17.74 p/h PAYE.
As the Housing Officer, your main duties will include:
- Interpreting and enforcing Housing legislation primarily in the private rented sector through both reactive and proactive work.
- Carrying out Health and Hazard Safety Rating System (HHSRS) assessments and determining the most appropriate course of action. Preparing and serving notices as appropriate and preparing evidence for and attending the Residential Property Tribunal, court and public enquiries.
- Risk assessing and inspection of Houses in Multiple Occupation in conjunction with the Fire Officer to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Provide advice to tenants, private and social landlords, letting agents and other professionals, statutory and voluntary agencies on housing conditions and the legislation relating to housing conditions, through individual contact and forums/events.
- Work with the Housing options team to ensure safe and secure accommodation for homeless and vulnerable clients, providing a joint up Housing service for residents of Teignbridge.
- Preparing and presenting reports to the relevant Committee.
- Providing assistance through grants and loans to adapt or improve houses within the private sector, including drawing up technical specifications, schedules of work and assessing costs submitted
- Providing information to the Private Sector Housing Team Leader and the Business Manager (Housing and Health) in relation to Housing, as required
- Representing the Authority in matters relating to housing at meetings, seminars and conferences, including making presentations on housing matters.
- Inputting information on the Councils IT systems to ensure records are maintained for performance reporting.
- Assisting with the training of staff where appropriate including student environmental health officers and technical staff
To be successful for this Housing Officer post you will need to have:
- Level 4 Certificate or Diploma (previously HND/HNC in housing, building construction or equivalent.
- Relevant experience working within the building or construction industry or within the local authority
- An understanding and ability to carry out Housing health and safety rating system assessments (HHSRS)
- Building construction
- Specialist knowledge in housing legislation in particular houses in multiple occupations
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.