£10.92 - £11.92 per hour
about 1 month ago
6 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Officer to join our busy offices based in Barnstaple on a temporary basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £10.92 p/h.
As the Housing Officer, your main duties will include:
- You will attend to general service requests regarding advice and assistance.
- You will assess the housing needs of our clients by office, telephone and home based interviews. You will then provide advice to help them find acceptable solutions to their problems.
- You will investigate service requests when clients present themselves as homeless or are threatened with homelessness. You will use the Council's agreed homelessness prevention policies to prevent homelessness.
- You will administer and carry out the Council's statutory obligations to people threatened with or are experiencing homelessness.
- You will carry out initiatives to promote the Council and the service.
- You will support staff training and peer reviews.
- You will be appointed to act or speak on behalf of the service on:
- Project teams.
- Specialist sub-groups.
- Multi-agency task teams.
- You will supervise contractors who are engaged by the service.
- You will support the service in meeting its on-call/emergency responsibilities by providing advice by telephone and on-call cover outside of your normal working hours.
To be successful for this Housing Officer post you will need to have:
- You will be educated to at least HND/first degree level in housing or equivalent by experience.
- You will hold full membership of the Chartered Institute of Housing or other appropriate institution.
- You will have sufficient technical and legal knowledge across the functions of homelessness prevention and homelessness to operate effectively. This will include mental health, drugs and domestic violence awareness, and understanding of welfare benefits and housing law in relation to immigration and young people
- Your professional competency will satisfy the requirements of Central Government and/or relevant professional bodies.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.