Hailsham, East Sussex
Up to £11.65 per hour + PAYE
15 days ago
2 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Register and Allocations Officer to join our busy offices based in Hailsham on a temporary basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £11.65 p/h PAYE.
As the Housing Register and Allocations Officer, your main duties will include:
- To assess eligibility for the Council's housing register based on the Council's qualifying criteria. Issue letters of notification to any applicants excluded from the Housing Register, explaining the reasons for the decision and giving details of the applicant's right to request a review of the decision, updating systems for reporting purposes.
- Ensure that all new, eligible housing applicants are promptly registered and that applicants are placed in the appropriate priority Band in accordance with the approved Allocation Scheme on the basis of the information provided;
- To manage the Council's lettings system, advertising properties in a timely manner makes decisions on which properties should be advertised for specific groups such as transfers, parish local connection or other such preferences set out within the Council's Allocations Policy. Ensure adverts placed by registered providers and housing management teams meet requirements;
- Shortlisting and re-assessing successful applicants at the point of offer, nominating successful applicants to Housing Management or Registered Providers within five working days as far as possible;
- To refer applications as necessary to appropriate professionals for further information and assessment to be considered as part of applicants' banding assessment where appropriate;
- To liaise with the landlords of social housing tenants regarding the suitability of, and level of support for, applicants seeking a transfer to alternative accommodation more suited to their needs and/or requirements;
- To ensure that all current applications are reviewed and re-registered on a six-monthly basis to check that information held is current and up to date;
- To assist in offering alternative housing options for applicants and signposting to mutual exchange, national mobility schemes and low-cost home ownership schemes;
- To assist in maintaining regular contact with partner Registered Providers and the administration of effective nomination arrangements that ensure the fullest possible take-up of the Council's nomination rights in respect of available properties;
- To assist in monitoring the changing status of vacant Council dwellings, contributing to reducing void times, and selecting suitable tenants for those that are available through the Council's lettings scheme, in accordance with the Allocations Policy.
- To assist with routine correspondence aimed at keeping applicants informed about the progress of their application, the distribution and availability of social housing resources and their relative prospects of receiving an offer of a tenancy;
- To work closely with staff in the wider Housing Options team and to provide assistance and support as required to ensure that the essential work arising is adequately dealt with;
- To make effective use of Housing Management Information systems for the purpose of maintaining records and obtaining statistical or performance information
To be successful for this Housing Register and Allocations Officer post you will need to have:
- Experience of working in a busy social housing environment.
- Experience of processing and assessing applications for housing
- Experience of advertising and shortlisting properties under a choice based lettings scheme
- Knowledge and practical experience of the Housing Acts 1985, 1988, 1996 (as amended), particularly part VI (Housing Allocations)
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.