South East London, London
£21.00 - £22.05 per hour
18 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Manager to join our clients offices based in London on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Housing Manager, your main duties will include:
- To provide a full range of advice on housing options including, but not limited to the private and public sector and ensure comprehensive homelessness prevention service.
- To provide an effective, professional homelessness service on behalf of the Council including assessment and investigation of homeless approaches and applications in line with the Councils' statutory duties under Housing Act 1996 Part 7 as amended by Homelessness Reduction Act, Statutory guidance and relevant case law.
- To discuss, develop, assess and then update and review Personalised Housing Plans for customers on behalf of the council in light of the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017(HRA). This Plan will ensure that homelessness is prevented or relieved through active engagement with council and private sector services.
- To support and coordinate support services and information to homeless people in temporary accommodation, and those threatened with homelessness to enable them to acquire accommodation in the private rented sector, to live independently and to maintain their tenancies.
- To assist in providing a high quality resettlement support service within the framework of departmental procedures, government guidelines.
- To undertake enquiries in order to undertake and notify customer of the relevant legal notifications in line with the HRA and any other relevant legislation.
To be successful for this Housing Manager post you will need to have:
- Thorough understanding of inner city housing issues
- Knowledge of relevant Lettings, Homelessness and Housing Act legislation including security of tenure and private tenants' rights
- A good knowledge of services, benefits and support available to applicants experiencing housing problems
- Experience of providing an effective advice service to members of the public
- Experience of carrying out interviews, investigations, negotiations
- Ability to gather information and interpret complex issues e.g. legislation and Case Law quickly, to think creatively about problems and identify solutions
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write detailed technical letters and reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills including active listening, advocacy and a win-win approach with all stakeholders
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.