£15.81 - £16.60 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Housing Maintenance Officer on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To deliver a housing maintenance service to our customers that meets the purpose of the Housing Maintenance Team - to provide a property that works for the customer. To work as a team that strives to continuously develop and improve a service built around the needs of its customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop and maintain a good understanding of systems thinking as the principal mechanism for providing a customer-focused service challenging situations where the principles are not being adhered to.
- To provide an effective day-to-day maintenance and repair service to customers.
- Work with customers in person, within the office environment or at home, in writing, or over the telephone, to obtain sufficient information to ensure the team meets its purpose.
- Supervision and monitoring of the council's gas maintenance contractors in carrying out the annual maintenance of council owned gas appliances in accordance with the gas safety policy, together with newly occurring repairs.
- Assist the housing maintenance specialist when required concerning gas safety.
- Assist the housing maintenance team leader in reviewing and updating the gas policy.
- Ensure you have up to date knowledge to enable you to deliver a service that meets the needs of the individual customer, whilst complying with legislative requirements.
- Receive, check and validate landlord gas safety records (LGSRs) together with maintaining and updating electronic files and producing regular reports on progress.
- Input technical data relating to gas and LGSR's etc.
- Preparation of gas specifications.
- Provide support to the housing maintenance team in relation to specialist gas enquiries.
- Inspection of council buildings relating to gas work.
- Consider and respond to applications from tenants who ask to carry out alterations/improvements to council buildings, including any pre- and post-inspections relating to gas works.
- Arrange for customers to be recharged for any damage caused to properties.
- Ensure you have up-to-date technical and customer profile information to enable you to deliver a service that meets the needs of the individual customer, whilst complying with legislative requirements.
- Take action on system generated reports as required.
- Identify where the system is not working and take responsibility for working on the system to improve the service to customers.
- Preparation of written instructions for works to be carried out by contractors and supervision of works.
- Investigation of complaints and preparation of written response.
Skills and Experience:
- Possession of a current appropriate level National Accredited Certification scheme certificate for Gas Installers (ACS) or equivalent.
- Experience and ability in using emails, standard office IT packages and databases.
- GCSE, Grade C or above, in English language, or equivalent standard.
- Good working knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act and its practical implications.
- Awareness of the health and safety issues relating to asbestos, legionella, CDM, HHSRS, fire risk, gas and electrical safety, and a willingness to develop a good working understanding of these areas.
- Excellent customer-service skills and an ability to demonstrate strong and sustained customer focus.
- Ability to carry out duties with the minimum of supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to use written and oral communication skills effectively at all levels.
- Experience of specifying building works.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Access to own transport for business use.
- An understanding of the principles of Systems Thinking.
- The ability to manage a diverse range of works.
- The ability to liaise effectively with a diverse range of building occupiers and contractors to ensure the principles of the team are achieved.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases