£21.30 - £22.36 per hour
4 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Enabling Officer - Community Led Housing to join our clients offices based in Barnstaple on a temporary contract basis for 7 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Housing Enabling Officer - Community Led Housing, your main duties will include:
- Work within North Devon to potentially create the first urban Community Land Trust in the District and coordinate the work of the external parties (Devon Rural Housing Partnership and Wessex) who support the delivery of rural community-led housing on behalf of the District Council.
- Respond to consultations on pre-planning enquiries and planning applications on affordable housing, following critical appraisal of the proposals against current housing policies and strategies.
- Update the service's databases and produce performance management information and statistically sound evidence of housing need.
- Pro-actively engage and negotiate with appropriate stakeholders (the community, Councillors, developers, agents), regarding the provision of new housing.
- Support research and surveys of housing need in North Devon to inform decision making and policies, and to support applications for funding.
- Provide technical administrative support to Service Lead Housing Market Balance
To be successful for this Housing Enabling Officer - Community Led Housing post you will need to have:
- Educated to degree level.
- Knowledge of the legislation and policies relating to the provision of new housing (including affordable housing).
- Ability to understand, conduct and present (verbally and in writing) research and statistically valid surveys of housing need.
- Ability to use IT systems to support performance management and evidence housing need and supply.
- Ability to undertake evidence based representations in working and at Committee.
- Ability to undertake challenging and sensitive negotiations, with a view to promoting positive community relations.
- An understanding of the local property market, land and development costs.
- Confidence to make timely, robust decisions without the need to always seek senior officer approval
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.