Up to £30 per hour
22 days ago
A 3 Month opportunity for a Housing Caseworker has arisen within the local authorities in Watford.
Purpose of the role
To assist in managing demand for the council's housing services by managing expectations while offering advice and assistance to members of the public to proactively retain their existing accommodation or access the full range of alternative housing options which may be available to them across all tenures.
To assist in managing demand for the council's housing services by managing expectations while offering advice and assistance to members of the public to proactively retain their existing accommodation or access the full range of alternative housing options which may be available to them across all tenures
- To ensure the council meets its statutory duty in providing the above, with particular reference to the Housing Act 1996 Parts VI & VII, the Homelessness Act 2002 and the Homeless Reduction Act 2017
- To ensure that all housing and homelessness applicants receive the best possible customer focused service from the department and that statutory and non-statutory targets and deadlines are met in relation to casework and client contacts
- To carry out interviews, investigations and, where appropriate, home visits in respect of Households who present to the council with housing need. To work with the client to produce a personal housing plan which sets out what the council/caseworker will do and what the client is expected to do.
- To keep clients personal housing plans under review and liaise with parties named in the plan and the client to ensure the plan is followed or the case is discharged.
- To take steps to manage personal caseload pro-actively so that cases are actively being progressed or are closed down in a timely manner, making the most appropriate use of the officer time and other resources available.
- To engage in partnership working with professionals who have a supportive role towards the client and can help with the creation and execution of personal housing plans and to liaise with internal services such as Revenues and Benefits, Environmental Health and the Customer Service Centre to ensure the council as a whole provides an integrated service.
- Understanding of Choice Based Letting
- Detailed understanding of homelessness legislation and housing options
- Experience of working as a housing caseworker
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment
- Experience of learning new computer systems and processes
Rate of pay
Up to £30 ph for the right candidate
Hours of work are 08:45am till 04:45pm, Monday to Friday.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.