£20.88 - £21.92 per hour
11 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Caseworker to join our clients offices based in Watord on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Housing Caseworker, your main duties will include:
- To ensure the council meets its statutory duty in providing the above, with particular reference to the Housing Act 1996 Parts VI & VII, the Homelessness Act 2002 and the Homeless Reduction Act 2017
- To ensure that all housing and homelessness applicants receive the best possible customer focused service from the department and that statutory and non-statutory targets and deadlines are met in relation to casework and client contacts
- To carry out interviews, investigations and, where appropriate, home visits in respect of Households who present to the council with housing need. To work with the client to produce a personal housing plan which sets out what the council/caseworker will do and what the client is expected to do.
- To keep clients personal housing plans under review and liaise with parties named in the plan and the client to ensure the plan is followed or the case is discharged.
- To take steps to manage personal caseload pro-actively so that cases are actively being progressed or are closed down in a timely manner, making the most appropriate use of the officer time and other resources available.
- To undertake a wide range of measures to prevent homelessness using all available tools at the disposal of the council, including preventing illegal evictions, negotiating with parents, landlords etc., and referrals to third parties who may be able to assist the customer
To be successful for this Housing Caseworker post you will need to have:
- Computer Literate
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience of working as a housing caseworker
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment
- Experience of learning new computer systems and processes
- Understanding of Choice Based Lettings
- Detailed understanding of homelessness legislation and housing options
- Literate and numerate
- Competent with IT systems
- High level negotiation and persuasion skills
Ability to interpret complex/legal information
- Experience of investigating homeless cases
- Experience of managing case load
- Experience of writing Section 184 decision
- Strong communication skills
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.