£10.92 - £11.47 per hour
2 months ago
Our client is seeking a Housing Assistant on an initial 7 month contract with the posibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Thursday
- Under the general supervision of the Housing Access Team Manager, the post holder will be responsible for arranging placements into emergency accommodation under the correct statutory duty, performing all tasks related to the sign-up, ensuring terms of occupancy are met and taking enforcement where not. This includes discharging duty under a statutory process where appropriate.
- The post holder is also responsible for arranging loans approved for access to private sector accommodation.
- The post holder will be required to maintain computer records of all people and placements within emergency accommodation and private sector access schemes.
- The post holder will check and record invoices received associated with emergency temporary accommodation placements and pass for payment. S/he will assist in the administration of recovery of monies owed to the authority by households in emergency and temporary accommodation, and monies advanced for housing access.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive information from customers and provide advice, help and support in response to customer queries. Help them to access services.
- Maintain an awareness of service standards, developments and other issues arising within your own area of work, reporting any problems to a more senior member of staff. This will ensure that the service quality is maximised, operations are run effectively and data is correctly recorded.
- Contribute to improvements in service delivery by suggesting how things could be done better.
- Accurately process information from a variety of sources in order to contribute to the delivery of the overall service.
- Ensure all information is processed in accordance with procedures and policies to given deadlines.
- To check and assess the quality of information received and clarify points to ensure that it is suitable to be processed. Explain to customers any inadequacies in the information received and the resolution which is required.
- Maintain and update information systems and databases to ensure that customer service details and information are completed accurately.
- Organise, sort and analyse specialist but relatively straight forward information and processes, highlighting and presenting any issues requiring further investigation.
- May be the main point of contact for a specialist part of the service, assessing and processing information, providing specialist advice and resolving issues and problems enabling the post-holder to resolve most queries directly, with occasional direct contact with senior staff as necessary.
- If relevant accurately and efficiently record, monitor and maintain budgets/financial information/resources.
- If relevant: provide support to an individual or a group of staff in order to maximise customer service effectiveness.
- Have awareness of regulations and codes of practice in particular those relating to the safety of customers and staff and where necessary checking the work environment in accordance with predetermined procedures.
Skills and Experience:
- You will have an NVQ 3 or equivalent qualification or equivalent experience in a housing or related environment.
- Some relevant experience in a similar role, preferably housing or other homelessness services to vulnerable people and minority groups.
- Some knowledge of relevant legislation including duties to accommodate under Housing Act 1996 Part VII, and an understanding of the statutory guidance on suitability of accommodation.
- An ability to use the Councils IT systems and the skills to do so. Includes using databases, Microsoft office, the internet and electronic mailing
- Demonstrate that you are able to manage your own workload, make decisions within
- your level of responsibility and resolve most issues in respect of the provision of emergency accommodation.
- An ability to give clear information and to empathise with customers and deal with
- enquiries sensitively
- An ability to establish good relationship with providers of emergency accommodation,
- and of support services and other professionals involved with customers.
- An ability to maintain financial information and undertake calculations
- Exemplify the Council's values and behaviours.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases