West End, London
£15.96 - £16.76 per annum
10 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing And Homelessness Assessment Officer to join our clients offices based West End won a temporary contract basis 5 with the possibility of an extension.
As the Housing And Homelessness Assessment Officer, your main duties will include:
- To try to prevent or postpone homelessness by providing applicants with detailed relevant advice and assistance and details of housing options, which act as alternatives to making a homeless application, and liaise with other statutory bodies as appropriate.
- To give advice, assistance and clear information to homeless households and those in housing need to whom the Council has no legal obligation to provide emergency accommodation.
- To actively correspond and negotiate with statutory bodies and other related agencies and landlords.
- To carry out home visits and inspections in an attempt to prevent homelessness and to explore alternative housing options to a homeless application, including negotiating with private sector landlords where necessary to prevent homelessness.
- To advise clients of possible Housing Benefit entitlement and assist clients in making or maintaining a Housing Benefit claim.
- To visit potentially homeless clients and verify claims of homelessness.
- To undertake detailed investigations of cases under Part VII of the 1996 Housing Act by establishing eligibility, homelessness, assessing priority need, and determining intentionally and local connection.
To be successful for this Housing And Homelessness Assessment Officer post you will need to have:
- Ability to produce a high standard of written information in a clear and effective style with experience of contributing to responses to Members' enquiries and complaints.
- Experience of making and recommending section 184 decisions based on policy and practice procedures and within the homelessness legislative framework, with an up to date.
- Comprehensive understanding of the recent changes to the Local Housing Allowance and Part VII of the Localism Act 2011.
- Previous experience of working in the public sector preferably in a front line role in a housing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people at all levels, making technical language understandable.
- Confident and objective approach to work, tactful, diplomatic but firm, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and time keeping skills having the ability to prioritise workload and meet specified deadlines.
- Flexible approach to work and workloads and the sometimes conflicting demands.
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.