£10.01 - £12.46 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
21 days ago
A 2 month+ opportunity for a Housing Allocations Assistant has arisen within the local authorities in West Berkshire.
- To provide an admin support function to ensure the smooth operation of the Housing service.
- To assist the Housing Allocations team managing applications to the Housing Register and with the letting of affordable homes within the area.
- To input housing register applications on the housing ICT system and Identify applicants for referral to the Homelessness Prevention & Relief Officers for further assistance.
- To handle a range of telephone and general enquiries from both internal and external customers and contacts, including housing register applicants.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To be responsible for maintaining data for mandatory statutory returns.
- Promote equality as an integral part of the role, treating everyone with fairness and dignity
- Comply with WBC health and safety policies, procedures and rules, taking reasonable care of self and others.
- Adhere to the standards set out in the WBC competency framework.
Skills and Experience
- 2 years administration/customer focused experience
- Experience in an office admin environment
- Ability to use Outlook, and a web browser to access information
- Basic ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Monday - Friday
(Some home working)
Rate of Pay:
Umbrella Company: £12.46
(Some flexibility in rate for the right candidate)
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.